Custom K9 Moto Cockpit
FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
We custom build and upholster your K9 Moto Cockpit motorcycle dog carrier to mount securely to your specific motorcycle. The Cockpit includes:
- Rust-proofed tubular metal frame
- Custom baseplate, supports, brackets for mounting
- Vinyl upholstery with reflective ribbon over foam padding
- Personalized text embroidered on the sides
- 2-inch-thick, removable seat cushion
Current build time: 8 weeks
The K9 Moto Cockpit motorcycle dog carrier is for sharing the thrill of the ride with your large or medium dog. The design places your dog in a laying position to keep the weight low, secure, and connected to the bike – somewhere between a pillion and a duffel bag. We follow a series of pre-build steps to
- Determine the appropriate size for your dog,
- Identify the best mounting setup for your specific motorcycle, and
- Collect the necessary measurements for positioning and mounting your Cockpit.
The motorcycle dog carrier pre-build process involves about 30-60 minutes of your time and we are in close contact throughout to answer questions and ensure accuracy. Don’t forget to check out the K9 Moto Harness for securing your dog into their Cockpit. Note: Please read the Disclaimer before you purchase.
How It Works
We want to help dog-loving motorcyclists to ride safely with their large or medium dog in a way that looks great and enhances the thrill of the ride. Once you complete the checkout, we create a page at goruffly.com for your custom Cockpit build project. The page provides specific information and instructions for completing each step of the pre-build process. This is how the pre-build process goes:
- You take a set of photos of your dog and motorcycle
- We mark up 2-3 photos to identify the 15-20 measurements that we need.
- You complete the Measurements Worksheet by inserting the required measurements.
- We draft 2-3 mounting diagrams to guide the custom build and mounting.
- You double-check the measurements in the Mounting Diagram Worksheet.
- Once you have verified the measurements, we begin your build.
- The pre-build process generally takes 1-2 weeks depending on your availability.
- The build takes 3-5 days depending on the complexity of the mounting.
- Painting takes about 5 days.
- Upholstery takes 8-10 days.
The exact duration of the build depends can vary depending on order volume. Please read the Disclaimer before purchase.
**WARNING**: The K9 Moto Cockpit Build Guide and the Custom K9 Moto Cockpit (hereafter referred to as the “Build Guide and “Cockpit”, respectively) are intended for informational and display purposes only.
The Cockpit will modify the original design of the vehicle on which it is installed and may change the way in which the vehicle operates and/or handles. User assumes all risk and is responsible for the proper operation and handling of the vehicle as modified.
RUFFLY makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Cockpit’s use as a safety device. This item is designed exclusively for dogs and has not been tested for a safety rating as established by the U.S. Department of Transportation or U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. User assumes all risk and is responsible for any injuries to user and/or user’s dog as a result of using this product.
The user agrees to have the Cockpit reviewed by a qualified motorcycle mechanic for quality and suitability for the user’s specific motorcycle make and model. The user assumes all risk and is responsible for the proper installation and use of this product. The user expressly agrees to hold RUFFLY, including but not limited to its owners, officers, designers, and agents, harmless from any and all damages and/or losses incurred by the user and/or others including any and all harm to the user’s pet from the use of the Cockpit.
No claims, representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, are made by RUFFLY as to the safety, reliability, durability and performance of any of its products, including but not limited to the Cockpit. Furthermore, RUFFLY accepts no liability whatsoever for the safety, reliability, durability and performance of any of said products.
RUFFLY further makes no representations, expressed or implied, and provides no warranties of any kind with regard to construction and/or use of the Cockpit, including but not limited to whether the Cockpit complies with any federal, state or local statutes, laws, rules or regulations pertaining to such construction or use.
The user assumes all responsibility for the user’s and the product’s compliance with all statutes, laws, rules and/or regulations, nationally and internationally, as they may apply to this product and/or its assembly and its application to the user’s vehicle.
RUFFLY reminds users that motorcycling is a dangerous activity and any changes to the original setup or configuration of the motorcycle will change the vehicle’s performance and might void the manufacturer’s warrantee. Furthermore, riding a motorcycle with a dog is dangerous for both the rider and the animal. RUFFLY reminds dog owners to always safely secure your dog in any moving vehicle.
- Tubular frame made by heat-bending and welding ¾-inch metal bars to create sleek curves.
- Sturdy baseplate made of 3-inch-wide plates covers rear half of frame bottom.
- We work with you to provide us the measurements for custom placement of mounting
- Frame is painted with anticorrosive, matte black automotive paint for a smooth, rust-free finish.
- Frame bars are wrapped with foam padding and covered in durable outdoor vinyl upholstery.
- Upholstery exterior is lined with 3M reflective ribbon to enhance the appearance and safety.
- Your personalized text embroidered into the sides of the upper frame (max 24 characters)
- D-shaped anchor bars are welded to each front and rear corner for securely harnessing your dog.
- Includes a 2-inch-thick removable seat cushion that matches the Cockpit’s footprint.
- No need to remove when you wash your motorcycle.
- Hose down and clean with a mild detergent.
- Periodically treat vinyl with surface cleaner and protectant.
Your custom K9 Moto Cockpit is built and upholstered by skilled metalworkers and craftspeople in Guatemala where we pay living wages to hardworking, dedicated individuals who are passionate about the work they do.
We believe in doing business in a way that does good for everyone involved, and you make this possible.
MINI – 68cm x 35cm x 20cm / 27″ x 13″ x 8″
STANDARD – 80cm x 40cm x 24cm / 32″ x 16″ x 9.5″
LARGE – Sized to dog